REGISTER FOR THE ARENA PHOENIX
THE PROGRAM: A SNEAK PEAK
Here’s a preview of some of the people you’ll meet in Phoenix.
- Anand Giridharadas will deliver a keynote that revisits the theme of “A More Perfect Union,” ten years later. Anand is a writer and author of The True American: Murder and Mercy in Texas and India Calling: An Intimate Portrait of a Nation’s Remaking. He was a foreign correspondent and columnist for The New York Times from 2005 to 2016, and has also written for The Atlantic, The New Yorker, and The New Republic.
- Randy Bryce, Veteran, Ironworker, and Candidate for U.S. Congress (WI-1), will talk about the need for authenticity in our politics.
- January Contreras, Candidate for Arizona Attorney General, will share her vision of a more perfect union.
- Jason Kander, President of Let America Vote, will share his reflections about the state of our democracy on the one year anniversary of the first Arena Summit.
- Erika Andiola of Our Revolution, and formerly of the Arizona Dream Act Coalition, will share the story of why she entered the arena at a young age to fight for higher education and immigrant rights.
- Tom Perriello, former Congressman and CEO of Win Virginia, will discuss the lessons we learned in last week’s historic election in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Angela Glover Blackwell, Founder and CEO of PolicyLink, will speak to racial and economic equity, and how we can shape progressive policy agendas leading into the 2018 cycle and beyond.
- Mayor Robert Uribe from Douglas, AZ, will share his story of entering the arena and being an inclusive mayor representing a border community.
- Ellie Perez, a DREAMer and member of the Democratic National Committee, will share her journey into the arena and why she fights for a more perfect union.
- Desmond Meade, Executive Director of the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition, will highlight the work he is leading to end Jim Crow in Florida and restore voting rights to 1.6 million formerly incarcerated individuals.
- Lennon Flowers, Co-Founder and Executive Director of The Dinner Party, will help us learn how to build a more inclusive, tolerant, and compassionate world.
- Adrian Fontes, Maricopa County Recorder, will share his story of why he decided to enter the arena, and the work he is doing to advance voting rights and access for America's fastest growing county.
- Some of our Arena PAC Fellows will be joining us to share their stories of why they entered the arena.
THE TRAINING: A SNEAK PEAK
Our trainings will be different this time around. We’re focused on practice, skill development, and meaningful experiences. A few of these will include:
- Sarah ElRaheb, who works with Professor Marshall Ganz at Harvard University, will lead an all-day Public Narrative training for a select number of attendees.
- Ashley Pinedo-Carlson from The Management Center will lead a session on how to manage performance on a campaign.
- Matt McLaughlin from WIN (creator of ads for Mayor de Blasio, Bernie Sanders, and Randy Bryce) and Bill Hyers from Hilltop Public Solutions (former campaign manager for Mayor de Blasio and Senator Gillibrand) will lead a session on how to use video to tell a candidate’s story.
- Beth Meyer from Leading for Change will lead a training on the components of values messaging to influence people
- Erik Olesund and Tania Anaissie from the Stanford d.school will lead a training on using human-centered design to run a campaign that adapts to your context.
- Tracy Sefl, former senior advisor to Ready for Hillary SuperPAC and the DNC, and Hari Sevugan, Principal at 270 Strategies (and former spokesperson for Obama for America and the DNC) and will lead a session on how to craft a communications strategy.
- Emily Abrams of the Abrams Impact Group, and Victor Nguyen-Long, who previously led digital marketing globally for Nike Sportswear, will lead a workshop on using creative culture to shift politics.
- Kathryn Poindexter, Founder and Principal of Campaign Greenhouse, will lead a training on the science behind persuasive conversations.
- Santiago Martinez, Senior Vice President, 270 Strategies and AJ Kahle, Co-Founder and CEO, Blueshift Technologies will lead a training on voter targeting for small campaigns.
- Daniel Murray, CTO of Clean Choice Energy, will lead a training on mastering call time.
- Ryanne Brown, Deputy Digital Advertising Director at 270 Strategies, will lead a training on how to reach people online.
- Lorene Arey and Jeremy Hartman will share the results from a newly commissioned national survey that highlights how 25 - 40 year old voters view political and community engagement post 2016 election.
Molly Jong Fast
John Michael Parker
Rep. Reginald Bolding
Jill Collen Jefferson