We -- The Arena -- are hiring an Associate to support our Fellowship work with candidates across the country. The Associate will report directly to the Senior Partner, and will work directly with Arena Fellows and their campaign leadership teams. Daily responsibilities include project management, development of trainings and campaign resources, and ongoing support for Arena Fellows and their campaign teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work directly with partners to support the campaigns of Arena Fellows
- Support campaign leadership teams in storytelling, organizing, and management
- Develop and coordinate trainings for candidates and campaign staff
- Support Arena leadership in the planning of fellowship programming in key states and races
- Manage and facilitate engagement with campaign teams around specific projects
WHO YOU ARE
- A creative and curious self-starter with an impeccable work ethic
- A firm believer in empowerment organizing
- An excellent communicator and writer
- A utility player who is comfortable managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- An inclusive, community-oriented person who is passionate about a new generation of civic leadership
- An unabashed nerd who loves spreadsheets, social science, and checklists
- An adaptive and quick study who enjoys learning new skills and growing your expertise
We have an open mind about what it means to be successful in this role. This is a great opportunity for professional development in a fast paced environment. We are open to candidates from many backgrounds and experiences, but prefer at least once cycle of experience as a campaign staffer. Staff management and coaching experience is a plus. We will consider any candidate who has demonstrated creativity, hustle, and a passion for our mission. The candidate is ideally based in -- or willing to move to -- the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City.
WHO WE ARE
We need leaders with clear values -- and the courage to engage with people who don’t share those values. Leaders who reflect and represent people without a voice. Leaders who believe in a just, equitable, and inclusive democracy.
But the leaders we need often find political and civic life inaccessible.
That’s why we convene the next generation of leaders at The Arena Summits, connect them with like-minded collaborators through The Arena Community, and -- for members of our community who decide to run for office -- support a subset of their candidacies through The Arena PAC Fellowship.
We design all of our programs to fit together to ensure that new leaders have a conveyor belt of support as they enter the civic and political world.
The Arena is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to our mission. The Arena is an equal opportunity employer and it is The Arena’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- A one-page cover letter
- A two-minute video telling us about your story and passion for this work. Please upload your video to YouTube. Set the privacy to unlisted. Then, share the link with us in the body of your email.